Friday 1 February 2019

Should I trust the government?

There is a big fuzz about the lowered income tax. Almost everybody will have more money to spend in 2019. Repeatedly promised by the government. Is this actually gonna be true for us?


In
Our January after tax salaries were definitely higher; 44 and 117 to be precise. Arguably the 117 euro includes a 2% raise as well but this cannot explain the higher net salary fully. So at least part is thanks to the lower income tax. Can't be bothered to separate these out, we have a 161 higher income. Thank you government!

Out
The daycare got more expensive. But the tax return ("kinderopvangtoeslag") increased even more! 29 extra coming our way. Our child support ("kinderbijslag") goes up €14. I changed my phone contract, €4 in my pocket. Basic health insurance covers the same whichever company you take it from. So check the cheapest one each year! We could save €9. Total extra's: €217.

Minus
There is some bad news as well. Hard to predict exact numbers. But energy bills will go up, around €25/month. VAT tax will go up. if you would for example spend €10,000 per year (bye bye savings rate!) on taxable goodies, you'll pay around €300 more tax. So another €25/month. 

I am surely forgetting a few other things that will get more expensive. But I am confident we'll get out with more money to spend save invest.

Should I trust the government?
The government is not living up to it´s promise. Many stories appear of people being disappointed and I fully understand. But if you are a below-average spender you'll be just fine! Simply invest what is left at the end beginning of the month. 

Unfortunately it is not easy to convince the general public that switching to a FI spending life style helps much more than complaining about the few euro´s on the income side of things. Not complaining saves me tons of energy as well. Free to spend on the nice things in life!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all those who received their loan from SANTA GROUP FUNDING !!!.via: creditosantajusta@gmail.com
    Do you want a loan with no loan company application fees OR ZERO WORRIES ? IF YES HERE IS MY TESTIMONY, I think you should also contact them that is why I'm writing this Testimony because I'm really grateful for what STANTA Funding Group did for me and my family. When I thought there was no hope, this loan company came and make my family feel alive again by lending us loan at a very low interest rate of 2%. Well, I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts for the past three months, all I met scammed and took my money, until I finally met a God sent Lender. I never thought that there are still genuine loan lenders on the internet but to my greatest surprise I got my loan without wasting much time. So, if you are out there looking for a loan of any amount, I would advise you to email Mr. Santa via: creditosantajusta@gmail.com or call/text/Whatsapp +1(659) 210-0433.

    ReplyDelete